STUDENT HOUSES AND DORMITORIES
The pricing of the student houses depends on the particular HEI. Usually the cost of accommodation in a dormitory ranges is around EUR 60-80 monthly for a shared room and between EUR 100-150 for a single room. However, the standard of the dormitories may differ greatly even between various student houses of the same HEI, so it’s good to do some research before the final decision. What doesn’t differ is the friendly and helpful atmosphere in the student houses.
It is quite common in Poland to rent a room in a bigger apartment. Most of the out-of-town students share flats in this way. The cost varies between cities and it depends greatly on the location of the apartment as well as the size and quality of the room. The monthly rent is usually between EUR 150 and 200. Some landlords may require a deposit of a similar amount. Don’t worry if you don’t have friends to live with. Sharing a flat with locals is an amazing opportunity: you can pay for the accommodation and get great friends for free! And if you really don’t like to share, you can find an independent apartment. The rent for the smallest, one-room apartment starts from about EUR 300 (in Warsaw).
Quick facts about housing:
University Dormitories: 400-700 PLN shared room. Single room costs around 1000-1200 PLN.
Private flat: from 1000 to 1600 PLN per month, shared accommodation.
- Security deposit: One month’s rent / Advance rental as per the terms.
- Agency Fee: One-month rent .T&C apply
- Co-signer/guarantor: Students must have a guarantor residing in the European Union. Guarantor can be arranged through the agency. T&C apply
- Temporary or short-term housing: Rental contracts mostly cover 9 or 12 months and legally binding.T&C apply
- Pre-arrival rentals: Possible.
For more information regarding accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your query below: